Frequently Asked Questions
I have not received a code to join the app.
First, please check your spam folder. If it is not in there, we have documented that some Cox users are not receiving this email. If you do not have it, please email [email protected] and we will help you with a work around to receive the code. Each individual has their own code which ties into their information in the database.
Where do I put my Authentication Code?
Please view the photo below and click in the area circled.
How do I update my profile?
In the app menu, select My Profile. Make any necessary changes to address, phone number and email address and click update. You can also indicate whether or not you wish to publish your information to the directory, or just specific information.
Once you have accessed the app, one of the first things that you will want to do is review your family’s directory information. The directory is on the menu. Once in the directory, you can select the information that you want public in the app (email, phone, address) and update your family information.
Is online giving available on the app?
We have the capability to do online giving via the app. At this time, we are choosing not use this function. When that changes, that will be posted in the “Announcement” portion of the app.
The app provides a church calendar. The church calendar is set up so that you see events that are relevant to the ministries you participate in. For example, if you have a child in Orange Impact, you will see that on the events portion of the home page and on the calendar. If you are not part of Orange Impact, you will not see the event. Church-wide events (such as special services, community picnic) are published on the calendar for everyone to view. In addition, you may select an event that you would like to attend and request that a reminder be sent to you.
Events that I participate in are not on the home page
If you do not see an event that you participate in, that means that you are not connected to that group in the database. Please email [email protected] and we will correct this for you.
Ministry Opportunities are published on the home page. They give a brief description of ministries that are currently in need of volunteers. By selecting “Go to Serving” you will be given the opportunity to then send an automated email to the ministry leader that will indicate your interest in receiving more information.
What is a blockout date?
A block out date gives you the ability to indicate to your ministry leader that you are unavailable to serve on that date. This option is found by going to the main menu, select “Serving” and then select the calendar icon. This icon is in the lower right hand corner of Apple users and upper right hand corner for Android users. Please note that if your ministry leader is not using the app to schedule your ministry, they will not see the block out date. You will know if your ministry leader is using it because they will direct you to the app to review the schedule.
At the bottom of the app, there is a bar that says “Thanksgiving”. What is the purpose of that?
The area seen in this screenshot allows app users to change the directory community that they are in. When you select “Thanksgiving”, this screen will come up which allows you to change communities.
This functionality allows certain ministries to create their own database. For example, a Life Group may choose to have their own community to use the app to communicate announcements, events, etc. If your ministry is interested in this, please email [email protected].
Below is a list of known issues that the app developers are working on:
- The app crashes when trying to upload a picture for the directory.
- When an event is selected as “attending” and is put into your phone’s calendar, the time is 4 hours earlier than the actual event (this is for iPhone users only).
- Android users may experience frequent crashes when in the calendar. This appears to be dependent upon phone type. Please select “give feedback” in the menu area and this will inform the software engineers that this problem is occurring. Please include information about the type of phone you have. Also, please feel free to email [email protected] so we can continue to be aware of issues that our users are having.
- 10/4/2017–When you click on “Announcements”, nothing happens. The app developer is testing a fix for this and it should be corrected within the next 2 days.
- 10/9/2017 — Due to a change in the log in procedures by the app developers, the log in process is not working. The developer is working on a fix for this and will have it fixed by tomorrow.